Patient Comments: Heart Murmur - Diagnosis

How was your heart murmur diagnosed?

Comment from: kaku, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I was diagnosed on 05/13/2013 by a cardiologist in South Africa that I have 1/6 ejection murmur at the left sternal border. My test for EKG shows that mitral, tricuspid, aortic and pulmonary valves are normal and the echo was within normal limits. ECG showed a sinus rate of 70 minutes and non- specific T- wave inversion is V5 and V6. I went for a physical exam here in the US on 02/15/2013 and my doctor here diagnosed that I still have the ejection murmur on my left side. I did ECG which came out normal. The anxiety is killing me.

Comment from: BB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

For several years, I have had this throbbing, fast pulse when I lie down at night. The doctor says it is anxiety, but I don't think so. It's like I can feel my blood pumping throughout my chest. Could this be a heart problem only when I lie down?

Heart Murmur - Symptoms Question: Describe your symptoms experienced with heart murmur
Heart Murmur - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with heart murmur.
Heart Murmur - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your heart murmur?
Heart Murmur - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of your heart murmur? Please discuss your symptoms and experience.