Patient Comments: Heart Murmur - Experience

Please describe your experience with heart murmur.

Comment from: Mina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I'm 35 and I was just told by my doctor that he can hear a slight heart murmur. However he didn't tell me that I have to see a specialist. I never had any problems in my heart area except maybe once a year I get a sudden sharp pain around it that goes away in few seconds. It's been happening almost all my life but extremely rare. Also I am anemic so I was wondering maybe it's my anemia that caused the murmur to appear. I'm a bit worried, wondering if I should see a specialist after all.

Comment from: GreenElbow, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I've had a heart murmur since I was a child; I had rheumatic fever and shortness of breath. Last year I had 5 blockages in my heart, one was 95% blocked. Needless to say I had to have surgery. I wonder if the murmur have anything to do with the blockages or surgery.

Heart Murmur - Symptoms Question: Describe your symptoms experienced with heart murmur
Heart Murmur - Diagnosis Question: How was your heart murmur diagnosed?
Heart Murmur - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your heart murmur?
Heart Murmur - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of your heart murmur? Please discuss your symptoms and experience.