Patient Comments: Heart Failure - Treatments

What were your treatments of heart failure?

Comment from: Suzie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My symptom of heart failure was occasional shortness of breath. I had very few symptoms, which I understand to be not normal. I have cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and am at the stage where I need a LVAD (left ventricular assist device), hopefully as a bridge to a heart transplant. I'm 58 years old. I was diagnosed only a year ago, so this has progressed very rapidly in me.

Heart Failure - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heart failure?