Patient Comments: Heart Disease - Diagnosis

What tests did you have to diagnose your heart disease?

Comment from: mhel, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

Yes, im also diagnosed with a type of heart disease/problem. It is bloodclot. the Doctor said, it can be cured by medicine, proper nutrition and exercise. I hope and pray that it is so. Now,daily i take CLOPEDOGREL for my maintenance. If pain occur, i need to take medicine namely CELECOXIB.

Comment from: HJM726, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had no symptoms at all. My pulse rate was 118 and I could not have a CTA done to see if anything was blocked. Later I got an angiogram and found out my main artery was 90% blocked.

Comment from: Alan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I was diagnosed with CAD in 1999 and had a stent placed in my left anterior descending (LAD) artery. Since then, I have had four more stents placed; three were in the LAD and one was in the right coronary artery (RCA). The last attack was bad, and I was lucky to make it through. The LAD was 100% blocked and the RCA was 95% blocked. With the newer technology of angioplasty and putting in stents, I am still alive to add to this post.

Comment from: Azel, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

Yes, coronary artery disease. I had a stent put in the main artery of my heart which was 90% blocked. All the doctors I had seen said nothing was wrong because all the tests were normal. I finally went to the er again and that doctor said I did not look right and called in a heart doctor. I waited 2 more weeks for the stress before I found out. Doctors should pay more attention when a patient talks. I had all the symptoms and yet went 9 months without a diagnosis. I now take plavix and high blood pressure meds and feel pretty good, though I still have chest pain sometimes and they say I'm all right. If you feel like something is wrong insist that the doctor pays attention.

Heart Disease - Symptoms Question: What heart disease symptoms do you experience?
Heart Disease - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you receive for your heart disease?
Heart Disease - Risk Factors Question: What risk factors contributed to your heart disease?
Heart Disease - Prevention Question: What are you doing to prevent heart disease?