Patient Comments: Heart Disease - Diagnosis

Question:Have you been diagnosed with a type of heart disease? If so, what was the diagnosis and treatment.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had a heart attack in May 2013. I was 43 years old. My symptoms were neck pain, nausea and restless legs! I was rushed to the hospital, with a Nitro for the trip, and when I arrived I had two stents put in. I attended cardiac rehabilitation, changed my diet and quit smoking!

Comment from: Dick, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 23

I have been diagnosed with heart valve disease.

Comment from: charlene, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had a heart attack in August 2006 at 49 which required 5 stents placed. Recent attacks of angina which required hospital stays in 2009 and recent this year 2013. Latest attack of angina leaves me breathless when I walked and weak in the knees. I also seem more tired. Waiting to see cardio doctor.

Comment from: Graham Campbell, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

Two years ago while playing golf I thought I was going to faint. I went to my doctor and told him. He took an ECG which was ok but not satisfied. He sent me to a surgeon and put me on a treadmill. After 5 minutes he stopped me and said I was going to have an angiogram. They found three arteries were 75 to 90 percent blocked and told if I had been a smoker I would be dead. I had two done there and then two months later the other. If I had not gone to my doctor about my faint or dizzy, who knows!

Comment from: the bridge, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I don't know what is going on with me. I have been to 2 different emergency rooms, and the doctor says that there is nothing wrong with my heart. I know something is wrong because I have had chest pains for the last couple of days and I know this is not normal. Heart Disease runs in my family, and I have High Blood Pressure. Looks like I am going to have to go out of state to get this pain in my chest to ease up.

Comment from: daisy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I have had four stents put in; the most recent one was in January 2011. Recently, I have begun to experience sharp pain in my back between my shoulder blades. It's more acute on the right side. The pain sometimes goes down my right arm.

Heart Disease - Symptoms Question: What heart disease symptoms do you experience?
Heart Disease - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you receive for your heart disease?
Heart Disease - Risk Factors Question: What risk factors contributed to your heart disease?
Heart Disease - Prevention Question: What are you doing to prevent heart disease?
Heart Disease - Diagnosis Question: What tests did you have to diagnose your heart disease?