Patient Comments: Heart Attack - Treatments

What was the treatment for your heart attack?

Comment from: Rina, 45-54 Female Published: June 09

My husband recently suffered a heart attack. Actually, he had a couple, but we thought his first one was symptoms of the flu since it was making its rounds at the time. We didn't get him to the hospital and he seemed to be ok. Four days after the first one, it came back and I rushed him to the hospital and he was rushed into surgery where they cleared two blocked arteries and put in stints. He is still in pain and can't do much and is always tired and sleeps a lot.

Comment from: mother of 4, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I presented with chest pain, left arm pain and burning, and jaw pain. Both the ER Dr. and later a cardiologist said not my heart, but acid reflux. Pain got more frequent and worsened in severity. 10 days later, excruciating pain in center of chest, down both arms, and jaw. Elevated enzymes in blood showed up. Transferred to hospital 2 hours away. Angio showed 95% blockage in left descending artery. A stent was implanted. Pain free since.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 18

I had a stent plus balloon put in. Angio Plasty I believe. I'm 80 years old. Got it pretty late in life. Eat totally different now. No meats. Blueberries etc. I knew something was wrong when I got a terrific pain in the middle of my chest. When I stopped walking, pain went away. Started walking again, pain came back. Daughter drove me to emergency. Doctor said I had an angina attack. I do lots of walking. Lost some weight, but was never heavy. Eat differently. The good foods. No saturated fats if I can help it.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Your diet must be changed. Better healthier foods. Less saturated fat. Mild exercise. Walking briskly. Take your pills prescribed.

Heart attack - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of heart attack can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Heart Attack - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a heart attack. What tests and exams did you have?