Healthy Relationships Index
Featured: Healthy Relationships Main Article
Good relationships are essential to our happiness and emotional health. They also have a positive effect on our physical health--influencing everything from heart health to age-related health issues. Maintaining healthy relationships is not easy but it can be done.
In This Article
Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD Article
- What is ADHD?
- What are the symptoms of ADHD?
- What should I do if I am concerned that my child might have ADHD?
- What are some behavioral treatments and parenting strategies for parents of
children with ADHD?
- Think positively
- Define schedules and routines
- Set clear rules and expectations
- Give clear instructions
- Discipline, rewards, and consequences
- Use time-out effectively
- Ignore, within reason
- Develop organizational aids
- Eliminate distractions
- Set small, attainable goals
- Focus on one or two challenging behaviors at a time
- Find areas in which the child excels
- Promote a healthy lifestyle
- Show your unconditional love
- Take care of yourself
- ADHD resources
In This Article
Stress Management Techniques Article
- Stress-management facts
- What is stress?
- Who is most susceptible to stress?
- What are the symptoms and effects of excess stress or "out-of-control" stress?
- What can I do to better manage stress?
- What are some effective stress-management strategies?
- Relaxation techniques/meditation
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Support systems
- How can I get help with stress management?