- A Visual Guide to Migraine Headaches Slideshow
- Headache and Migraine Triggers Slideshow
- Take the Migraines Quiz
- Find a local Pediatrician in your town
- Introduction to headaches in children
- How common are headaches in children and adolescents?
- What types of headaches do children and adolescents get?
- What causes headaches is children and adolescents?
- How are headaches evaluated and diagnosed in children and adolescents?
- How are headaches treated in children and adolescents?
- What happens after my child starts treatment?
- Do children outgrow headaches?
What Happens After My Child Starts Headache Treatment?
Do Children Outgrow Headaches?
Headaches may improve as your child gets older. The headaches may disappear and then return later in life. By junior high school, many boys who have migraines outgrow them, but in girls, migraine frequency increases with age because of hormone changes. Migraines are three times more likely to occur in adolescent girls than in boys.
WebMD Medical Reference
Reviewed by Jon Glass, MD on September 16, 2009