Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: Rachel, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 02

I've had CAT scans and MRI. I constantly have headaches, it feels like my brain is splitting in half and I'm not getting any real help. Doctors said I don't have migraines. I can't function, I don't know what to do or where to go.

Comment from: Tootsie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my upper left thigh, and the pain was unbearable. I went to the emergency room, where they did an ultra sound and sent me home with two weeks of antibiotics. By the second week the fever and pain had me out of my mind, so I went to a health clinic and as soon as the doctor had seen it, he had sent me for surgery. I cannot tell you the pain I endured, they cut my leg open 6 to 7 inches to drain. It has been 8 weeks and I still feel the burning.

Comment from: MJThompson, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I've been ill with pneumonia for about a week and surprisingly, haven't felt short of breath yet. The pain started on my right side and spread across my chest. It hurt more when I inhaled. It hurt inside my body, not in my chest wall. After two days it became so painful as to be worrisome. Then I started a constant forceful dry cough, my fever went over 101 F and stayed there for days. My throat became very painful from coughing. Appetite was uneven. I became nauseated after too much activity. I became extremely hoarse after two days of coughing. There is very little nasal congestion or running. I am constantly weak. The doctor prescribed Zithromax, benzonatate for cough, and a fever reducer. Prior to taking benzonatate, I didn't have a sensation of chest congestion and my cough was dry. After starting benzonatate my cough became productive. Fever started to drop 48 hours after starting Zithromax. Six days after the pain started, I am not so weak and my chest is not painful, only sore. I still have lots of coughing and rattling, and I haven't got my voice back yet.

Comment from: corina, 25-34 Female Published: October 16

In 2003 I was told I had gotten hepatitis B. I had some flu-like symptoms. I went to my doctor, who did blood work, and then informed me that I had the Hepatitis B Virus. He didn't need to report it nor was I given any medications for it. After 11 years I am now told that I don't have it anymore. But I have the symptoms. I still feel scared that I still can get sick from it again, and I understand that I may have gotten it from my trip to Guam, helping out the victim of a typhoon. Now 12 years later I have some of the same feeling of pain on my right side and worry that my liver is not happy with me.

Comment from: Tired, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

Eliminating all artificial sweeteners and carbonated beverages helped calm the first flare up of interstitial cystitis three years ago. Upon its recent return I've found asparagus and anti-inflammatory supplements like fish oil, quercetin and curcumin have helped. Sleep is the most important and am still working on that. I am considering an electrical TENS unit to block pain.

Comment from: Bibbens, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

Three months ago I had my first bout of severe pain and vomiting. I assumed it was a kidney stone. I am not obese, I don't eat meat and I am fairly active for a retired 54 year old grandmother. Gallstones never entered my mind though I wish it had. Now I am in real trouble. I went to the emergency room five nights ago really hurting. The technician did an ultrasound on my gallbladder. I was told that I had many and very large stones and they are obstructing my bile ducts. I was admitted to the hospital, taken to the operation room for a procedure called an ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram). The surgeon was unable to remove the stones. I spent four nights in the hospital, vomiting bile and needing heavy duty pain shots. I will be, on Monday, in the operating room having my second ERCP. If this does not work they will have to open me up. Don't let this happen to you. If you have symptoms don't put it off. Go to your doctor.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?