Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: lcb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I've been getting headaches for over 32 years and after seeing different doctors, I have found that the problem stemmed from my neck. I used to wake every morning with major pain, vomiting, loss of vision and still go to work. Doctors did an MRI on my neck and head and found that I have cervical degenerative disc disease, a herniated disc, cervical stenosis, and arthritis. All of this is due to age and possible falls from my younger years. I had laser spine surgery 3 years ago and things are much better. I still get headaches but not every day! I would suggest to many to have an MRI of your neck done. Many doctors don't understand that some headaches are due to the neck. Good Luck!

Comment from: rina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been having severe headache since last 31 years. I get auras and vomiting, and very much uneasy. I get headache every other day. I found Zolmist nasal spray. It really helps me.

Comment from: Rachel, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 02

I've had CAT scans and MRI. I constantly have headaches, it feels like my brain is splitting in half and I'm not getting any real help. Doctors said I don't have migraines. I can't function, I don't know what to do or where to go.

Comment from: Tootsie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my upper left thigh, and the pain was unbearable. I went to the emergency room, where they did an ultra sound and sent me home with two weeks of antibiotics. By the second week the fever and pain had me out of my mind, so I went to a health clinic and as soon as the doctor had seen it, he had sent me for surgery. I cannot tell you the pain I endured, they cut my leg open 6 to 7 inches to drain. It has been 8 weeks and I still feel the burning.

Comment from: MJThompson, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I've been ill with pneumonia for about a week and surprisingly, haven't felt short of breath yet. The pain started on my right side and spread across my chest. It hurt more when I inhaled. It hurt inside my body, not in my chest wall. After two days it became so painful as to be worrisome. Then I started a constant forceful dry cough, my fever went over 101 F and stayed there for days. My throat became very painful from coughing. Appetite was uneven. I became nauseated after too much activity. I became extremely hoarse after two days of coughing. There is very little nasal congestion or running. I am constantly weak. The doctor prescribed Zithromax, benzonatate for cough, and a fever reducer. Prior to taking benzonatate, I didn't have a sensation of chest congestion and my cough was dry. After starting benzonatate my cough became productive. Fever started to drop 48 hours after starting Zithromax. Six days after the pain started, I am not so weak and my chest is not painful, only sore. I still have lots of coughing and rattling, and I haven't got my voice back yet.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?