Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: safagirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

My headache seems to be at the the point where my spine enters my head. Continuously throbbing but the severity of the pain when I raise my head above heart level is so intense, I want to vomit and faint. I've had a cat scan done and a lumbar puncture, but nothing showed, been tested for meningitis, encephalitis, but all clear. No painkillers at all does any help. Pain level between 1 and 5, 4.5! This has been for 2 weeks now and I can't get out of bed. No one knows what's wrong.

Comment from: garys headaches, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: June 01

My brother suffered whiplash behing rear ended and started having headaches that will not go away. He has been to many doctors, and been through a gamut of tests and nothing shows up.

Comment from: Brian, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I have been waking up between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. every morning with a pounding headache that starts from the right side of my head (near the ear) to the top of my head. It will lead to a full blown, very painful headache. When I bend over or what have you the pounding pain gets a lot worse. I'm fed up with this and I'm sure that the over the counter pain meds might be affecting my liver possibly. I take meds for high blood pressure and I'm also diabetic. Both are under control and I exercise regularly. I don't see this problem getting any better.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I suffer from migraines all my life, but I think this one started. Not really pain at first it came on as gripping electricity like a shock only on the right side of head it scared me so bad. Now I have a weird migraine headache on top of my head and sharp pain on one side the right back. Everything is bothering me people noise and my face hurts.

Comment from: weescotlassie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I am a 52-year-old female. I have a headache on the right side of my head that shoots up my head and has been there for four days now. The pain increases if I tilt forward or cough, sneeze etc - feels as if too much pressure is in part of my head.

Comment from: miss froggy, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

My headache starts out early in the day and progressively begins to throb later only on one side. This has been going on for 4 weeks now.

Comment from: 75 or over Female Published: April 19

I have rarely experienced headaches before but I have started having almost constant headaches for the past few weeks. Not debilitating headaches but constant ache. Now I am noticing that if I sleep on my left side, no pain. But if I turn on the right side, my head starts hurting and I cannot remain in that position. I am suddenly fatigued easily and I can fall asleep during day very easily, something I have never done in the past.

Comment from: dudeguy, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

Sometimes I get what could be described as a sharp pain in the temple area of my head like its being drilled in by a screwdriver. Another way I could describe it is like an insane vain popping or being stretched too wide or something.

Comment from: Concerned, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

A "flash" of pain that seems to be occuring every 5-6 minutes and is in the same spot. On the left side of my brain, directly over my left eye. This is unlike any head ache or pain I've had before.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?