Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: weescotlassie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I am a 52-year-old female. I have a headache on the right side of my head that shoots up my head and has been there for four days now. The pain increases if I tilt forward or cough, sneeze etc - feels as if too much pressure is in part of my head.

Comment from: miss froggy, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

My headache starts out early in the day and progressively begins to throb later only on one side. This has been going on for 4 weeks now.

Comment from: 75 or over Female Published: April 19

I have rarely experienced headaches before but I have started having almost constant headaches for the past few weeks. Not debilitating headaches but constant ache. Now I am noticing that if I sleep on my left side, no pain. But if I turn on the right side, my head starts hurting and I cannot remain in that position. I am suddenly fatigued easily and I can fall asleep during day very easily, something I have never done in the past.

Comment from: dudeguy, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

Sometimes I get what could be described as a sharp pain in the temple area of my head like its being drilled in by a screwdriver. Another way I could describe it is like an insane vain popping or being stretched too wide or something.

Comment from: Concerned, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

A "flash" of pain that seems to be occuring every 5-6 minutes and is in the same spot. On the left side of my brain, directly over my left eye. This is unlike any head ache or pain I've had before.

Comment from: EJ, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

My headache feels like there's stabbing from inside right eye, left eye closes & tears up, pain is above right eye and sometimes at the base of the neck, nausea, loss of appetite, lethargy, stiff neck, sensitive to light and some noises, smell of meat cooking causes nausea.

Comment from: IrishA, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Im nearly 18 and all my life I get headaches. At some stages in my life they get worse and they're always in different areas and strengths...But lately they have changed. For the past 3-5 weeks or more I've had on off migraines on the right side of my head. It feels like there's an elastic band tight around my head but particularly worse on the right and on my right eye. My eye is in agony, it feels like it's swollen and bulging out and I have to close it. The right of my upper neck is also very painful/sore. I had been taking painkillers for a long time but they only stopped them for short periods of time so I stopped taking them.

Comment from: Max, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

3 months my head has been pounded. The pain has been more frequent for the last 3 weeks. The pounding occurs mainly behind my left eye, it feels like a knot in a string is being pulled out and when the string is untangled I feel a 'popping' sensation or sometimes a hot flush but I know that this is the end of that head pounding headache. The pounding lasts 3-5 seconds and there is no pattern but they could carry on all day.

Comment from: rusty, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Well let's see it has been going on for 20+ years now and no doctor can tell me what is wrong. The headache is sudden most of the time behind my right eye. My eyes are light sensitive and at times it runs the whole right side of my head. Most of the time all I can do when they kick in is lie down and try to sleep. Any help would be nice so I can tell my new doc what is going on.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?