Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

My headache positions around my right eye and right ear it feel like an electrical shock, I can almost time the pain. It's been years since I've had one, but it has returned. It also affects my right nostril and my neck and shoulder. After a while my head is sore to the touch. This pain can go on for hours or days, I just never know. I was told years ago, that there were no nerves in that area to cause this pain that was in my 20's. I'm now in my 50's.

Comment from: sheila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have these constant sharp pains in the left side of my head also my left ear feels like its clogged and the left side of my neck hurts, not severely but it has pain. When I feel that pain shoot in my head I can feel it through my ear, I was told before that it has something to do with grinding my teeth.

Comment from: charli, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I have very frequent headaches that seem to be centered in the bone behind my ear. Often the headache stays in that area, but sometimes the pain seems to move up to the top of my head or to my ear, or down the side of my neck.

Comment from: mary, Female Published: April 04

When I get headaches, I get a sharp pain at my temples and the middle of my head.

Comment from: Cindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My headache feels like I have a tight band around the back of my head.

Comment from: shaimaa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

With my headaches, I experience visual difficulty, lightheadedness, and dizziness.

Comment from: hbarrett1, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

For the past week, I've been getting headaches so bad that I cry. It hurts on the top, back, and left side of my head. Today it was hurting so bad I cried and then my nose started bleeding.

Comment from: student 89, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

My headaches go along with blurry vision in my left eye, lasting between an hour to even a day and I experience throbbing above my right eye and temple. I am nauseous and my eyes are sensitive to light. This happens about 3 times a year, but other mild headaches just feel like somebody is sitting on my head and goes away after drinking a lot of water and some exercise.

Comment from: mccune, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 10

When I have headaches I have severe pain in the right eye, sinus congestion, watering eyes, sensitivity (to light, sound and smell), dizziness, muscle tension, breathing problems, anxiety attacks, insomnia, irritability, nausea, and depression.

Comment from: tuffy123, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I feel a dullness at the base of my head and behind my eyes. Sometimes my eyes feel as if they are crossed and out of focus. I feel dizzy, as if I am falling.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?