Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: Vic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

My headaches are almost continuous. They are located at my forehead and spread to the top of my head. I have tearing of my eyes and feel as if my face is swollen. My neck stays quite stiff, as if I am carrying a bowling ball atop my shoulders. I rarely feel like doing anything but sleeping where I get some relief.

Comment from: B.J., 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I have pain in the front left side of my head and the pain goes into the left back of my neck. The pain varies from bad to mild and sometimes will last for hours and sometimes will only be for several hours. I will get these about twice a week and sometimes more often.

Comment from: chercher, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

The pain may last up to 24 hours. It starts at night or early in the morning and causes my eyes to hurt at times.

Comment from: Thesh, 25-34 Female Published: June 20

My headache has lasted two days now. Pain around my eyes, neck pain stretching down the spine. Nausea and some hot flushes. Have a bit of a sore throat as well.

Comment from: Darla, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

While doing weight training yesterday, at the end of an exercise, I got a sudden headache. I didn't feel dizzy, but I did have to sit down. The headache went right away, so I finished my training. Now I'm wondering if I should see my doctor.

Comment from: safagirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

My headache seems to be at the the point where my spine enters my head. Continuously throbbing but the severity of the pain when I raise my head above heart level is so intense, I want to vomit and faint. I've had a cat scan done and a lumbar puncture, but nothing showed, been tested for meningitis, encephalitis, but all clear. No painkillers at all does any help. Pain level between 1 and 5, 4.5! This has been for 2 weeks now and I can't get out of bed. No one knows what's wrong.

Comment from: garys headaches, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: June 01

My brother suffered whiplash behing rear ended and started having headaches that will not go away. He has been to many doctors, and been through a gamut of tests and nothing shows up.

Comment from: Brian, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I have been waking up between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. every morning with a pounding headache that starts from the right side of my head (near the ear) to the top of my head. It will lead to a full blown, very painful headache. When I bend over or what have you the pounding pain gets a lot worse. I'm fed up with this and I'm sure that the over the counter pain meds might be affecting my liver possibly. I take meds for high blood pressure and I'm also diabetic. Both are under control and I exercise regularly. I don't see this problem getting any better.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I suffer from migraines all my life, but I think this one started. Not really pain at first it came on as gripping electricity like a shock only on the right side of head it scared me so bad. Now I have a weird migraine headache on top of my head and sharp pain on one side the right back. Everything is bothering me people noise and my face hurts.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?