Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?

Comment from: challenge212, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I wake up quite often with what I would describe as a "hangover headache," but I'm not drinking. The pain can be very tense and severe, but usually only lasts for an hour or so.

Comment from: Trish H, 55-64 Female Published: June 08

The pain gradually builds up to the point where I cannot even move my head. It feels as though my brain is hitting the inside of my skull. I have pain in my ears, and I am unable to move my head even on a pillow, as it feels as if I am laying my head on a rock. I have had a headache recently when it actually woke me from my sleep; the pain was so bad that I cried.

Comment from: misery, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I've been having headaches almost every day for two months. It starts in the back of my head on the right side and then moves around to both sides near my ears. Motrin and Tylenol don't help.

Comment from: nmrhedkes, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I have headaches that move around my head. The worst are on top of my head. It almost feels like when I move my head my brain moves too. They also are on the side and back of my head. Mainly at different times.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

My headache positions around my right eye and right ear it feel like an electrical shock, I can almost time the pain. It's been years since I've had one, but it has returned. It also affects my right nostril and my neck and shoulder. After a while my head is sore to the touch. This pain can go on for hours or days, I just never know. I was told years ago, that there were no nerves in that area to cause this pain that was in my 20's. I'm now in my 50's.

Comment from: sheila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have these constant sharp pains in the left side of my head also my left ear feels like its clogged and the left side of my neck hurts, not severely but it has pain. When I feel that pain shoot in my head I can feel it through my ear, I was told before that it has something to do with grinding my teeth.

Comment from: charli, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I have very frequent headaches that seem to be centered in the bone behind my ear. Often the headache stays in that area, but sometimes the pain seems to move up to the top of my head or to my ear, or down the side of my neck.

Comment from: mary, Female Published: April 04

When I get headaches, I get a sharp pain at my temples and the middle of my head.

Comment from: Cindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My headache feels like I have a tight band around the back of my head.

Comment from: shaimaa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

With my headaches, I experience visual difficulty, lightheadedness, and dizziness.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?