Patient Comments: Headache - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor which he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which I was sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I'm 21, and I've had headaches of varying intensity for years. I've tried abortive medications; they don't work due to my body chemistry. The one thing that always helps, Excedrin, or the generic store brand, and a caffeinated beverage. After I take the medicine, I eat a small snack, and take a short nap, usually 1-2 hours. When I wake up, I'm ready to continue my day.

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly on the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor and he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which made me sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. Any ideas please as I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now with it.

Comment from: X factor, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I have migraine headaches daily. Amitriptyline HCL at night helps a lot, but I have found that drinking plenty of water and exercising has a positive effect. At first I used to get headaches as soon as I begin the exercise routine, but after going at least every other day not only did I began to feel healthier, but I noticed I was forgetting to take my medicine. Now the intervals between the headaches are longer.

Comment from: jammy, Female (Caregiver) Published: May 07

My 10 year old daughter has been suffering from headaches for the past 12 months. The pain is often associated with throbbing at the back of her head, and sometimes travels towards the front of her head. She also suffers from constant dizziness and fainting feeling. These symptoms will occur 2-3 times a week, and would often be informed by the school. I have to discuss her symptoms with her gp, but don't seem to get anywhere.

Comment from: loftingsecret, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

Headache due to a pinched nerve in the back of the neck. My physician says it's too tender of an area for doctors to do surgery, so therefore I take anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers. For how long? Lord knows. My doc says he has patient's worse off than me and doesn't have time for patients like me.

Comment from: LocoBill12, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 05

I am a 53 year old Caucasian male that gets sharp headaches whenever I stoop or strain. This has been going on for over 6 months. My neurologist thought that I may have had viral meningitis, but from what I have read it should have gone away by now. Anyone that has had the same problem, please let me know how to stop the headaches.

Comment from: HeadacheHell, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have chronic severe headaches that last for weeks at a time. Primary Pain is in my forehead and back of head and neck. I have had a MRI with nothing found. I have had injections of Toradol with no relief. OTC medications do nothing! I have been to the doctor several times with no relief.

Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?
Headache - Experience Question: Which type(s) of headache do you have? What are your symptoms, and how do you treat and manage them?