Patient Comments: Headache - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

Published: June 26

I have used Indomethacin tabs 50mg at the outset of a migraine attack (when I feel the aura)after my neurologist prescibed it for me almost as a last resort as nothing else ever helped. It works fantastically, blocking the intense pain, but it leaves me feeling a little "strange" for a few hours but the advantage of not having to suffer the pain makes this slight problem bearable. This treatment has changed my life.

Published: June 17

For me, medicated oil is something that helps me with headaches.

Comment from: kjb, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 01

My daughter has had headaches everyday for 2 years now. We have found nothing to relieve her of her headaches. I am her Mother and I am at wits end trying to help her. The doctors have had no success in finding what could be wrong. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. We've had MRI's done, blood work, wisdom teeth pulled, and eyes checked, anti-depressants, and vitamins.

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor which he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which I was sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I'm 21, and I've had headaches of varying intensity for years. I've tried abortive medications; they don't work due to my body chemistry. The one thing that always helps, Excedrin, or the generic store brand, and a caffeinated beverage. After I take the medicine, I eat a small snack, and take a short nap, usually 1-2 hours. When I wake up, I'm ready to continue my day.

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly on the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor and he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which made me sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. Any ideas please as I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now with it.

Comment from: X factor, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I have migraine headaches daily. Amitriptyline HCL at night helps a lot, but I have found that drinking plenty of water and exercising has a positive effect. At first I used to get headaches as soon as I begin the exercise routine, but after going at least every other day not only did I began to feel healthier, but I noticed I was forgetting to take my medicine. Now the intervals between the headaches are longer.

Comment from: jammy, Female (Caregiver) Published: May 07

My 10 year old daughter has been suffering from headaches for the past 12 months. The pain is often associated with throbbing at the back of her head, and sometimes travels towards the front of her head. She also suffers from constant dizziness and fainting feeling. These symptoms will occur 2-3 times a week, and would often be informed by the school. I have to discuss her symptoms with her gp, but don't seem to get anywhere.

Comment from: loftingsecret, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

Headache due to a pinched nerve in the back of the neck. My physician says it's too tender of an area for doctors to do surgery, so therefore I take anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers. For how long? Lord knows. My doc says he has patient's worse off than me and doesn't have time for patients like me.

Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?