Patient Comments: Headache - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

Comment from: Yorky, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 11

Nizoral is the only help I have found in relieving a never-ending headache. I have had X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans of the brain with no positive results.

Comment from: Jorob66, Published: August 13

My son suffered with bad headaches that occurred in the back of his head. It turned out to be a cyst in his pituitary gland. He had an operation, and he is headache free now. I hope this can help someone.

Published: July 09

Imitrex has helped me. If I am having one I take a 50mg tablet, in about an hour or two if it is still bad I'll take another. It allows me to sleep it off. This has always worked for me. I get a migraine about once a quarter.

Published: June 26

I have used Indomethacin tabs 50mg at the outset of a migraine attack (when I feel the aura)after my neurologist prescibed it for me almost as a last resort as nothing else ever helped. It works fantastically, blocking the intense pain, but it leaves me feeling a little "strange" for a few hours but the advantage of not having to suffer the pain makes this slight problem bearable. This treatment has changed my life.

Published: June 17

For me, medicated oil is something that helps me with headaches.

Comment from: kjb, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 01

My daughter has had headaches everyday for 2 years now. We have found nothing to relieve her of her headaches. I am her Mother and I am at wits end trying to help her. The doctors have had no success in finding what could be wrong. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. We've had MRI's done, blood work, wisdom teeth pulled, and eyes checked, anti-depressants, and vitamins.

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor which he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which I was sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I'm 21, and I've had headaches of varying intensity for years. I've tried abortive medications; they don't work due to my body chemistry. The one thing that always helps, Excedrin, or the generic store brand, and a caffeinated beverage. After I take the medicine, I eat a small snack, and take a short nap, usually 1-2 hours. When I wake up, I'm ready to continue my day.

Comment from: marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been getting headaches now for the past four weeks on and off mainly on the forehead which can be very painful. I saw my doctor and he said nothing to worry about, but I am still getting them and they are normal in the mornings, but not everyday. I had a very bad one today which made me sick, but that's the only time I have been sick in the four weeks. Any ideas please as I am getting fed up with it and I have had to take time off work now with it.

Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?