Patient Comments: Headache - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

Comment from: SMilne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I have had a pituitary tumor removed and suffer with permanent migraine various visits to neurologist and drs did not help finally changed to a new endocrinologist jackpot injections of Sandostatin LAR helped for a short time migraines disappeared however medication lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time after a referral to Shands hospital wow an added dose of short acting Sandostatin 3 times a day wonderful I am finally in control of my own pain and can adjust the doses when I need to. Don't give up keep looking till you find a dr that actually listens to you and try and document symptoms when and where they begin and anything that sets it off the more info you have the better chance of getting someone to listen.

Comment from: mapuii, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had headaches from very young age. Sometimes I think its migraines other times I thought it must be my eyes and sometimes I think it must be that something is in my head like a tumor for instance. I medicated myself with pain killers like paracetamol. If I don't take medicine when I feel a headache is coming sometimes I will have a fever and sometimes I vomit.

Comment from: mandyj, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I am 23 years old and about a month ago, I started noticing that I was having headaches almost constantly. They weren't like severe migraines that were excruciating or anything, but it was like a mild headache that never goes away. In the morning, when I first wake up, my head will hurt on the side that I was lying on, and then the headache just lasts throughout the day. It doesn't feel like the average headache though, my head just feels sore. It feels like I've hit my head on something, but it hurts in different areas at different times! I am worried because it's been going on more than a month.

Comment from: Audrey, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I suffered severe migrains for 35 years, they would occur every ten to fourteen days with vomiting until the lining came off my stomach which was eventually streaked with blood. Tests and medication never helped, the headache was horrendous. Some time ago I decided to cut out all processed food, and anything containing artificial additives and preservatives, this was the answer. All those years of suffering could have been avoided to a great extent. I feel angry that these chemicals are permitted in what we consume. Hope this is something others can try to elimate their symptoms.

Comment from: fosterkl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I am a 46-year-old Caucasian female who works in a medical office. I have had a constant headache since October of 2004. It started with a sharp pain in the right temple, and at times moves down the right side of my body to the bottom of my rib cage. Some days are worse than others, but it's always there. I have had every test that you can imagine, lumbar punctures, CT scans, MRIs, EEGs, many lab tests and most of the scans multiple times over the years. I even had a temporal artery bx. They tried botox injections and just about every type of medication you can imagine. Nothing has helped.

Comment from: Yorky, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 11

Nizoral is the only help I have found in relieving a never-ending headache. I have had X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans of the brain with no positive results.

Comment from: Jorob66, Published: August 13

My son suffered with bad headaches that occurred in the back of his head. It turned out to be a cyst in his pituitary gland. He had an operation, and he is headache free now. I hope this can help someone.

Published: July 09

Imitrex has helped me. If I am having one I take a 50mg tablet, in about an hour or two if it is still bad I'll take another. It allows me to sleep it off. This has always worked for me. I get a migraine about once a quarter.

Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?