Patient Comments: Headache - Remedies

What is your best headache remedy?

Comment from: Brooklynbridge, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I have had migraines for almost 5 years now - and for the past two and a half years I have been having horrible migraines at least 10 times per month. I'm 16 years old, and FINALLY I have found an herbal remedy that helps migraines. The only thing that has ever gotten rid of my migraines is Fioricet. But I have found that Peppermint Oil is very nice! Ice helps alot and so does a very hot bath. I hope this helped someone!

Comment from: 13-18 Male Published: March 12

I am 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with migraines when I was 5 years old. The one thing that helps me with my migraine headaches is to blow a hair dryer on my face for a minute or two.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I too have been a longtime sufferer of migraines...This helps...it sounds crazy, but it does sooth the headache some...Vics Vapor Rub...rub all around the eye or eyes if both hurt, then put a dab inside the corner of your eye, yes the corner of your eye...it will burn but it is this burn that soothes the headache...then go to bed in dark room and tie a t-shirt around your head as tight as you can, or get someone to help you tie it as tight as you can...if you are very still, this will sooth the headache!!!

Comment from: 2Much4me, 45-54 Male Published: November 28

Last December I got beat up in a major department store parking lot and have had headaches every day since then. Most of the time I can tolerate the pain, but sometimes it brings tears to my eyes. I have tried every type of headache medication out there that is OTC. I am current not working nor do I have a regular doctor. I have gone to the hospital and they did some tests but found nothing. The pain is not any worse with noise. The pain is not in one location in my head, it is all over. Right now it hurts so much I am crying. Please help.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Published: August 11

I hurt at the top of my head I have a cold using musinex nasal spray full force an now the top off my head fells like it could blow off this is my second day I don't no if the medication dried my head up to much I just can't get rid of it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: July 11

I started getting headaches when I started menstruating. I would get them frequently. I finally went to the Dr. and he made me keep a diary of when I had headaches. He said I had migraines so often that he thought they had various causes. I notice the worst headaches were right before and at the end of my period. My gynecologist said they were hormonal headaches. When my hormonal levels were low that's when I had the headaches. I also get them if I get too little sleep, if I get too hot or are tense. Smelly perfumes, candles and plug-ins can also cause them. I found that Excedrin migraine helped the most. Now that I have reached menopause I don't have them as often. Other things that have helped me is to eat something chocolate or a sugary soft drink like coke or a pastry like a donut. This one could be caused by low blood sugar. I try to get enough sleep, but too much sleep on the weekend also gives me headaches.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?