Patient Comments: Head Lice - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms experienced with head lice in you or a relative?

Comment from: monishay, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I hate lice. My boyfriend's sister has a lot of lice and now she is infecting the whole house because now I have them first and my daughter which is 1 year and 8 months have it too. I found out she has lice and nits. I already got rid of the lice, but now she has the nits and I think those are really hard to get rid of. They really get stuck in your hair and they are really hard to see because they are so little. I'm treating her hair and my hair with a product that the doctor sent but nits still there. I'm thinking of using mayo.it sounds a little nasty but i have heard it works. I'm still trying to get rid of nits and hopefully I'm lice free by next week.

Head Lice - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with head lice infestation (pediculosis).
Head Lice - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your head lice?
Head Lice - Prevention Question: What methods have you used to prevent head lice infestation? What do you tell your children?
Head Lice - Home Remedies Question: Please share effective home remedies for head lice. Who in your household was treated?