Patient Comments: Head Injury - Cause

Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

Comment from: morgansgrandma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I was a passenger in a car accident 44 days ago. I hit my head extremely hard on the window I bounced off the window then hit it the second time. Since then I have DAILY pain, numbness and tingling in my face. One could literally draw a line down the middle of my face and everything on the right side is sensitive, painful, numb and tingling. My left side of my face feels fine. My Neurologist says that the accident triggered an ongoing migraine. It still hasn't gone away. The pressure behind my ear and eye and the numbness is driving me crazy.

Comment from: worried, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I fell backwards as if you had cut a tree down and hit the back of my head on a hardwood floor. I was out for about 3 minutes. I went to the doctor the next day and had a CT scan. It showed I was okay. I still have ringing in my ears, and my voice vibrates in my head. A week has passed and I was wondering does anyone have comments on this.

Comment from: grandprixdressage, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I got a head injury (subdural hematoma) courtesy of a horse racing accident (I fell from a horse and hit railing with my helmet on, the helmet shattered). I had an immediate post incident seizure, loss of consciousness for 4 days. I suffered multiple other traumas to other areas of the body. Residual effects left were creation of scar tissue to that area of the brain leaving me with seizures.

Comment from: old brain injury, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I had a severe blow to the top of my head with a metal bar more than 20 years ago. My mental status was forever changed by it. Can that blow to the head so long ago have left behind scar tissue that causes my mental problems right to this day? Several MRI's have shown white areas my neurologist thought were signs of MS, but as time has gone by it has not changed. If scarred areas from that blow to the head so long ago are what is causing my problems, can it be removed to restore my mental health?

Head Injury (Brain Injury) - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with a head injury in you or someone you know?
Head Injury - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your head injury?
Head Injury - Children Question: Did your child suffer a head injury? Please share your experience.
Head Injury - Prognosis Question: What was/is the prognosis for someone you know who suffered a head injury?
Head Injury - Prevention Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for preventing a head injury.