Patient Comments: Head Injury (Brain Injury) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with a head injury in you or someone you know?

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I missed a short step and fell against a cement wall, hitting my left forehead and back top, about one quarter of my head. This was yesterday. I had no immediate symptoms, but a large dent in my head and the pain from the blow. I have been icing it and taking Advil. At present my head is somewhat swollen and sore but I have no other symptoms.

Comment from: Wanda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I received blunt force trauma to the back of my head. I did not lose consciousness. Five days later I started to sway all over the place, which never stopped till this day. I had a CT scan done but my MRI was clear. By day ten I suffered a migraine that presented itself like a stroke. For 3 months I vomited 10 times daily, went weak and numb throughout the body, had rapid heart rate and trouble breathing. I had extreme sweating sensations of water pouring all through my brain. I deteriorated 5 days later had a CT scan done.

Comment from: warbama24, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I fractured my skull from a hard impact, I was unconscious, and when I became conscious I told my friends I was fine but I started talking out of my head so they called an ambulance. I know I was feeling sick, they strapped me down and I remember asking them to get me off my back because it was causing me to spin and I felt sick. That happened in 2006. I just left the hospital telling my friends I was fine, in reality I wasn"t, this happened out of town. I still have issues, I couldn"t lay down flat for 3 years after my accident, and till today I suffer from vertigo, eye issue, and fatigue. I just try and manage day to day, and I get different diagnoses from doctors, I have just given up.

Comment from: kingoina, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 16

There was vomiting and loss of consciousness.

Comment from: Jill, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I was getting off of an airplane, and while saying goodbye to the crew, I turned and hit my head very hard on an overhead bunker of some kind. I didn't see it, but everyone heard and saw me hit it hard. It felt like the whole top of my head got cut off. Now I have a constant tremor in left arm and left leg! I'm getting worried about this!

Head Injury - Cause Question: Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.
Head Injury - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your head injury?
Head Injury - Children Question: Did your child suffer a head injury? Please share your experience.
Head Injury - Prognosis Question: What was/is the prognosis for someone you know who suffered a head injury?
Head Injury - Prevention Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for preventing a head injury.