Patient Comments: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - Treatment

What types of treatment or medication have you received for Hashimoto's thyroiditis?

Comment from: Hutch, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

The disease was found during an anti body test. Since then I have had my thyroid removed and I have been trying to balance my medication of over 3 years. I have been told that my body is very sensitive and that minor changes cause my medication to not balance. I believe my levels are off because now I am feeling the joint and muscle pain and my hair is falling out. However, I do know that when my levels are good, I feel so much better.

Comment from: Nila, Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's last week through blood tests. I take a Synthroid, but I have heard about another medicine called Naltrexone prescribed for patients with other autoimmune disease such as MS and cancer. I heard a low dosage of it is very helpful in treating autoimmune hypothyroidism in a way that it can stop antibodies from not attacking the thyroid cells and cure the problem. I have asked my GP about it but she does not have any idea about it. I hope somebody could help if has any information on it.

Comment from: maria, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's almost two years ago through blood tests. I take a synthroid called Levothyroxin, but there are other options as well. Talk to your regular doctor or OBGYN about blood tests if you feel there are symptoms, and if there are warning signs you will be referred to an endocrinologist who will prescribe your medication and/or dietary regulation.

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of Hashimoto's thyroiditis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - Diagnosis Question: How was your Hashimoto's thyroiditis diagnosed?
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - Pregnancy Question: If you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, please share your experience with conceiving and/or pregnancy.