Patient Comments: Hamstring Injury - Cause

What was the cause of your hamstring injury?

Comment from: hommedunord, 65-74 Male Published: February 07

I was playing squash, making a quick hard run to the front of the court when I felt my hamstring give. I stopped, and iced my thigh. Took Ibuprofen for a couple of days. Returned to the court nine days later, and re-injured. Repeated treatment waited another week. Played, same result. Now have a massive bruise, which appeared only today. I guess my age doesn't help, either (I'm 73).

Comment from: Mmmegg, 13-18 (Patient) Published: May 11

I was dancing and I had to leap and land in the splits for my tryout dance. I was in the tryouts and I did the jump split and heard a pop from my leg. It was extremely painful!! Maybe I didn't stretch enough.

Comment from: Chris, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I was sprinting. Age 35, not a proper warm up, stupid.

Comment from: sweety12, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I was on a 7 mile run and at mile 6 started to hurt, I walked a little but finished it out. Now it even hurts at rest.

Hamstring Injury - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience associated your hamstring injury?
Hamstring Injury - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including therapy, did you receive for your hamstring injury?
Hamstring Injury - Prevention and Exercise Question: What types of exercise have you been prescribed to a prevent another injury?