Hamstring Injury Index
Hamstring injuries may range from minor strains to major ruptures. A hamstring injury causes spasm, tightness, and tenderness. More severe injuries may cause swelling and bruising. While most hamstring injuries heal without surgery, a complete rupture would require surgery.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- acetaminophen, Tylenol and Others
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- ibuprofen, Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever etc.
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
In This Article
Muscle Spasms Article
- Muscle spasm facts
- What is a muscle spasm?
- What causes a muscle spasm?
- What are the symptoms and signs of muscle spasms?
- How are muscle spasms diagnosed?
- How are muscle spasms treated?
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...learn more »
In This Article
- Dehydration facts
- What is dehydration?
- What causes dehydration?
- Dehydration pictures
- What are the signs and symptoms of dehydration?
- What about dehydration in children?
- How is dehydration diagnosed?
- How is dehydration treated?
- Can I treat dehydration at home?
- What are the complications of dehydration?
- How can dehydration be prevented?