Patient Comments: Hair Loss - Women

If you are a woman, describe your experience with hair loss, including any treatments.

Comment from: Amanda, Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. My hair has also never been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out.

Comment from: angela, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

My doctor prescribed iron Euro-Fer capsules twice a day for a month for the first time to build up my iron level. And in two weeks my hair started to fall out, looked like a bird nest, dry and brittle and itchy nonstop and even hot flashes! Before when I first saw him, my iron level was low to begin with, but I had a full set of hair on my head! And no hot flashes.

Comment from: mamawlilly, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: August 07

She is my mother and 88 years old and she does not take any prescription medication, and smokes 2 packs of cigarettes. She can't hear very well and can't see very well, sleeps fine, and doesn't do much. The problem is she pulls her hair out at the top all day and when she first goes to bed. She has a pretty big bald spot, I just don't know why.

Comment from: neha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I'm a 21 year old girl suffering from extreme hair fall since a week ago. I've not undergone any other treatment recently.

Comment from: Sandy, 65-74 (Patient) Published: May 21

After chemotherapy, I had loss of all hair, then it came back. Now two years later, I am having a thinning, and loss of hair.

Hair Loss - Treatments Question: What hair loss treatments have worked well for you?
Hair Loss - Age and Pattern Question: How old were you when you first experienced hair loss? How would you describe or classify the pattern?
Hair Loss - Vitamins Question: What vitamins do you take for hair loss? Have you noticed an improvement since taking them?
Hair Loss - Options Question: What optional treatments have you tried for your hair loss? Are you happy with the results?
Hair Loss - Telogen Effuvium Question: Describe your experience with telogen effuvium, including the suspected cause for your "sudden" hair loss.