Patient Comments: Hair Loss - Vitamins

What vitamins do you take for hair loss? Have you noticed an improvement since taking them?

Comment from: Liza, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I regrew my hair and you can too. I have been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer, it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So I decided to do something about it. My friend suggested biotin when we were talking about my hair loss. I've tried like 4 different brands until I found that the best one for me. Now I am 26 and I've been taking biotin every day for years. My hair and nails grow so much quicker. My hair growth has increased in rate and is so long now. Also my energy levels are high. I remember that at the beginning I did heavy cardio and interval training which helped me lose weight fast but I did not realize how biotin played a part in my weight loss until after I stopped working out. I continue to take biotin every day and now that I am no longer on my diet I eat whatever I want and I don't gain weight. It appears the biotin may be keeping my metabolism to the level it was at during my training. So I highly recommend it to you.

Comment from: Foxx, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

For thinning and hair loss, what really works is Nature"s Plus supplement Ultra Hair Shake or vitamins. Nioxin products work for thinning hair with an additional biotin 5,000 mg twice a day. If you cannot afford the entire Nioxin line if shampoo, conditioner and treatments, just buy the Follicle Booster. Place it on the affected area. You will see results in less than 4 weeks.

Comment from: Seedra, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I have had a running nose since 40 years back. Cetirizine is effective, only for two days. No permanent cure I could find till date.

Hair Loss - Treatments Question: What hair loss treatments have worked well for you?
Hair Loss - Age and Pattern Question: How old were you when you first experienced hair loss? How would you describe or classify the pattern?
Hair Loss - Options Question: What optional treatments have you tried for your hair loss? Are you happy with the results?
Hair Loss - Telogen Effluvium Question: Describe your experience with telogen effluvium, including the suspected cause for your "sudden" hair loss.
Hair Loss - Women Question: If you are a woman, describe your experience with hair loss, including any treatments.