Patient Comments: Hair Loss - Treatments

Question:What hair loss treatments have worked well for you?

Comment from: SuziQ, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I'm three weeks out from L2 L3 laminectomy. The pain was gone immediately. I was walking with the use of a walker going into surgery. I am now using crutches. My left leg is still numb and so are the toes on both feet. My feet are cold constantly and the veins in my feet are more prominent. I was really hoping to be able to walk on my own by now. I have post-operation checkup tomorrow and then I am heading to physical therapy. It's been very difficult to stay positive but I'm trying. After reading the many posts here I feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

Comment from: rogue324, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I am only just now seeing the results of using the Somaluxe shampoo (after about 1 month). I noticed that my hair isn't falling out like before.

Comment from: MaryKay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have used (Kirkland) minoxidil topical cream in the past for hair loss, with not that great of results after about 18 months' worth of use. I am a middle aged female that has recently had a face-lift which pulled my hairline back and on top of that my hair is thinning. I have been using a 5 percent minoxidil sulfate topical solution for 6 weeks and have seen very dramatic results. There is even a link there to a clinical study that claims that the sulfated version works exponentially stronger than regular, minoxidil, 14 times is what is stated in the study. If other minoxidil products have not worked, give minoxidil sulfate a try.

Comment from: Seedra, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I tried many hair fall solutions and finally I found a really effective hair fall treatment SL Handy Hair. I used this around 3 months and got my hair totally recovered. Drinking a lot water, eating fruits and vegetables and using natural aloe vera gel also can help to stop hair falling. Hope this will help you guys to get a natural healthy hair.

Comment from: Sam, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I used Medcare2go hair loss supplement that worked well for me. I also tried Avodart as well for a few months. Actually it depends on your personal condition and there cannot be just one solution for hair loss treatment.

Comment from: aliza, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

Healthy diet and nutritious food can help you for the thick and bulky hair.

Comment from: Jane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some extensions. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my natural hair. I just don't know what to do. My hair has also never been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out.

Comment from: Harry, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I'm 80 years old. I fell from my bicycle 8 weeks ago and all of a sudden I am losing hair rapidly. I haven't needed a haircut for weeks (normal every 3 weeks) and I've noticed my beard is growing much more slowly also.

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had a fall a little over a week ago, basically flat on my face. The left side of my face ballooned up immediately. After being checked for fractures (fortunately none) the black eye and bruising has been traveling down my face and neck. I have a hematoma at the top of my cheek, just under the eye. Because my job involves talking all day, it is rather painful, but I am told it will reabsorb eventually. Basically, I have to grin and bear it as it goes away (but not too much because grinning hurts too!)

Comment from: mathew, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I used Casia herbal hair treatment powder for my hair loss, its works well without side effects, because it's fully natural and herbal. I am a regular customer for Casia Herbals.

Hair Loss - Age and Pattern Question: How old were you when you first experienced hair loss? How would you describe or classify the pattern?
Hair Loss - Vitamins Question: What vitamins do you take for hair loss? Have you noticed an improvement since taking them?
Hair Loss - Options Question: What optional treatments have you tried for your hair loss? Are you happy with the results?
Hair Loss - Telogen Effluvium Question: Describe your experience with telogen effluvium, including the suspected cause for your "sudden" hair loss.
Hair Loss - Women Question: If you are a woman, describe your experience with hair loss, including any treatments.