Patient Comments: Hair Loss - Treatments

Question:What hair loss treatments have worked well for you?

Comment from: MaryKay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have used (Kirkland) minoxidil topical cream in the past for hair loss, with not that great of results after about 18 months' worth of use. I am a middle aged female that has recently had a face-lift which pulled my hairline back and on top of that my hair is thinning. I have been using a 5 percent minoxidil sulfate topical solution for 6 weeks and have seen very dramatic results. There is even a link there to a clinical study that claims that the sulfated version works exponentially stronger than regular, minoxidil, 14 times is what is stated in the study. If other minoxidil products have not worked, give minoxidil sulfate a try.

Comment from: Seedra, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I tried many hair fall solutions and finally I found a really effective hair fall treatment SL Handy Hair. I used this around 3 months and got my hair totally recovered. Drinking a lot water, eating fruits and vegetables and using natural aloe vera gel also can help to stop hair falling. Hope this will help you guys to get a natural healthy hair.

Comment from: Sam, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I used Medcare2go hair loss supplement that worked well for me. I also tried Avodart as well for a few months. Actually it depends on your personal condition and there cannot be just one solution for hair loss treatment.

Comment from: Harry, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I'm 80 years old. I fell from my bicycle 8 weeks ago and all of a sudden I am losing hair rapidly. I haven't needed a haircut for weeks (normal every 3 weeks) and I've noticed my beard is growing much more slowly also.

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had a fall a little over a week ago, basically flat on my face. The left side of my face ballooned up immediately. After being checked for fractures (fortunately none) the black eye and bruising has been traveling down my face and neck. I have a hematoma at the top of my cheek, just under the eye. Because my job involves talking all day, it is rather painful, but I am told it will reabsorb eventually. Basically, I have to grin and bear it as it goes away (but not too much because grinning hurts too!)

Comment from: mathew, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I used Casia herbal hair treatment powder for my hair loss, its works well without side effects, because it's fully natural and herbal. I am a regular customer for Casia Herbals.

Comment from: Marja, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I use argan oil for hair loss. It's the best thing so far and it's really made my hair grow out stronger so it doesn't fall out as much. I was using the Moroccan Oil brand, but I found it to be a bit greasy, so I'm now using Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil. It's about the same price, anyway.

Comment from: Irene, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I used Hair Demand Spray with Capyxil. It worked in two weeks, I had great results. The hair is strong and stopped fallout and head skin is treated gently. I can see new hair growing. Works for me...

Comment from: NixoinAdvocate, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have used Nixoin, a thick, tinted oil. I apply it from an eye dropper onto the sparsely covered head/scalp where my hair had disappeared. It seems to stimulate growth in the areas where my hair was sparse and my scalp could be seen.

Comment from: melissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I found that Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment shampoo helped immensely with hair loss. The argan oil stimulates growth and makes the strands more resilient. One extra plus is increased shine.

Comment from: wigger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I may not have given the lotions enough time, but based on family history, I gave up and wear a wig. I am a female. My mother and aunts all have very, very thin hair and do or have worn wigs.

Comment from: David48, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 07

I used Nisim NewHair Biofactors Shampoo to stop my hair loss. It works for me - I haven't tried their regrowth extract though.

Comment from: Kay, Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I have had Alopecia for over 17 years and I found that Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil works well to stimulate my scalp and to the soothe scalp tenderness that often occurs with Alopecia.

Hair Loss - Age and Pattern Question: How old were you when you first experienced hair loss? How would you describe or classify the pattern?
Hair Loss - Vitamins Question: What vitamins do you take for hair loss? Have you noticed an improvement since taking them?
Hair Loss - Options Question: What optional treatments have you tried for your hair loss? Are you happy with the results?
Hair Loss - Telogen Effluvium Question: Describe your experience with telogen effluvium, including the suspected cause for your "sudden" hair loss.
Hair Loss - Women Question: If you are a woman, describe your experience with hair loss, including any treatments.