Patient Comments: Gynecomastia - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your gynecomastia?

Comment from: hotpot70, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

I work out 3 times a week, noticed enlarged left breast with tenderness and some pain after work out on butterfly machine about 3 weeks ago. It was extremely tender, swelling, and painful under certain body movements, even taking deep breaths, it's painful. It got worse on a daily basis, I think it has peaked out. I will start medical treatment after doctor's diagnosis.

Comment from: swollen, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I have breasts that started with all the medications that I am on. It's so bad I have 2 wear bras. This is so hard to accept. This is causing a lot of stress. I am afraid of the knife.

Comment from: AnoN, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 28

One day I turned over while laying down, and my left breast hurt from something. I looked at it the next day, and felt a small hard lump beside or under my nipple. I was worried that it was cancer, but researching a bit relieved my worries? It was tender for 4 days, and the pain has gone away. Before this, I had no other symptoms of puberty, other than a bigger appetite. It has been 2 weeks since I noticed the lump. I will be going to the doctor's in a month.

Comment from: Anon., 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I started to see my nipples enlarge over a period of a month or two, and when I felt them it was as if there were lumps inside them, which I now know to be mammary glands. However, now, about six months after first noticing, it has subsided a little but is still detectable. It knocks my confidence. I have to wear looser t-shirts so they are less noticeable and I quit swimming class because of it. I am dreading a school trip where we go to a water park, as I am slightly overweight and don't want all the girls to see my huge nips. I hate this condition, but I am glad it isn't as bad as it could be.

Gynecomastia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your gynecomastia?