Gynecomastia, an enlargement of the gland tissue in the male breast is the caused by an imbalance of hormones. Certain medical conditions may also lead to gynecomastia such as cirrhosis, malnutrition, disorders of the male sex organs, kidney failure, thyroid disorders, and medications. Gynecomastia is generally treated with medication, and if necessary surgery.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...learn more »
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »
In This Article
Testicular Pain (Pain in the Testicles) Article
- Testicular pain facts
- What is testicular pain (pain in the testicles or balls)?
- What function do the testicles have?
- What causes testicular pain?
- What are the signs and symptoms of conditions causing testicular pain?
- Testicular torsion symptoms
- Epididymitis symptoms
- Torsion of a testicular/scrotum appendage symptoms
- Kidney stone symptoms
- Testicular tumor symptoms
- Trauma symptoms
- Inguinal hernia symptoms
- Orchitis symptoms
- How are the causes of testicular pain diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for testicular pain?
- What are the complications of the conditions causing testicular pain?
- How can testicular pain be prevented?
In This Article
Liver (Anatomy and Function) Article
- Facts about the liver
- What is the function of the liver?
- What are symptoms of liver diseases?
- What does the liver look like, and where is it located in the body?
- Liver disease causes (fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and infections)
- Liver disease causes (medications, toxins, genetics, cancer, and others)
- What kind of doctor treats liver disease?
- How is an examination of the liver performed?
- What is a liver biopsy?
- Can diseases of the liver be prevented?