Patient Comments: Gum Disease - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your gum disease?

Comment from: frankspeak, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

Well, when it hurts too much to even brush your teeth, (unbearable pain), you are getting blister-like eruptions all over the inside of your mouth usually followed by peeling tissue when they burst, and you can begin to see more of the base of your teeth than you have before, you may have a problem with the gum. Swishing whiskey around the inside of the mouth offers some relief and you can swallow it! Still, I might have to spring for a dental appointment just to see if I can get something to clear this up. Also my gum disease symptoms have taken a sudden turn for the worse.

Comment from: ladydi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I wonder how long the bad taste can last from periodontal disease. I have had this taste since March 27 2015. I have seen 5 specialists, neurologist, ENT, a gastroenterologist and back to the dentist where I started to find out it is gum disease in tooth 4.

Comment from: Suresh, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 05

Unbearable pain in teeth roots and gums and roof of mouth cavity (Right side).No bleeding, no pus, no outside sign of abnormality. No loose tooth on examination. Suspected teeth X-Ray Normal. Diabetic (128-156 mm Hg F/PP)

Comment from: marisha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have a cyst inside the root of tooth.

Comment from: forgot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have a bad taste in my mouth, I have been told I have the gum disease in my upper and lower gums. I do now have dentures on top.

Gum Disease - Treatment Question: What treatment do you use for your gum disease?
Gum Disease - Home Remedies Question: Do you use any home remedies for gum disease?
Gum Disease - Other Health Problems Question: Do you have gum disease along with a history of heart attack and/or stroke?