- High Blood Pressure Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Salt Quiz!
- Lowering Blood Pressure Exercise Tips Pictures
- What is guanfacine-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for guanfacine-oral?
- Is guanfacine-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for guanfacine-oral?
- What are the side effects of guanfacine-oral?
- What is the dosage for guanfacine-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with guanfacine-oral?
- Is guanfacine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about guanfacine-oral?
Is guanfacine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
It is not known whether guanfacine is excreted in breast milk. Due to the lack of safety data, guanfacine should be used cautiously in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about guanfacine-oral?
What preparations of guanfacine-oral are available?
- Intuniv: Extended-Release Tablets: 1, 2, 3, and 4 mg
- Tenex: Immediate-Release Tablets: 1 and 2 mg
How should I keep guanfacine-oral stored?
Tablets should be stored at room temperature, between 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F).
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information.
Quick GuideHow to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.