guaifenesin/theophylline/pseudoephedrine liquid Index
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Common Cold Article
- Common cold facts
- What is the common cold, and what causes it?
- How is the common cold transmitted?
- What are risk factors for acquiring the common cold?
- What are the symptoms and signs of the common cold
in adults, children, and infants?
- Does it have anything to do with exposure to cold weather?
- What is the difference between the common cold and influenza (the flu)?
- How do physicians diagnose the common cold?
- What is the treatment for the common cold?
Are there any home remedies for the common cold?
- Are antibiotics a suitable treatment for the common cold?
- When should a health-care professional be
- What is the prognosis for the common cold?
- What are complications of the common cold?
- Is it possible to prevent the common cold?
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....learn more »
In This Article
Lung Anatomy Article
- Lung anatomy facts
- What does breathing accomplish?
- What are the lungs?
- What is the structure of the respiratory system?
- How is air moved into and out of the lungs during
- How does gas exchange occur?
- What are other important events during the breathing cycle?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »