- Finding Relief for Your Cough Slideshow
- Take the Cold & Flu Quiz
- Cold & Flu Slideshow: Treating Your Child's Cold or Fever
- What is Mucinex DM?
- What brand names are available for Mucinex DM?
- Is Mucinex DM available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for Mucinex DM?
- Why is Mucinex DM prescribed to patients?
- What are the side effects of Mucinex DM?
- What is the dosage for Mucinex DM?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with Mucinex DM?
- Is Mucinex DM safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about Robitussin DM?
Why is Mucinex DM prescribed to patients?
Guaifenesin and dextromethorphan temporarily relieve cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritations that are associated with cold. Guaifenesin/dextromethorphan also help loosen mucus and thin bronchial secretions.
What are the side effects of Mucinex DM?
Side effects of guaifenesin and dextromethorphan are:
Quick GuideTips to Calm Your Cough in Pictures
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.