guaifenesin with dextromethorphan-oral Index
Guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide (Robitussin DM, Robitussin DM Maximum Strength (liquid), Robitussin DM Maximum Strength (capsules), Mucinex DM, Mucinex DM Maximum) is an OTC used to temporarily relieve cough due to minor bronchial and throat irritation associated with the common cold. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, storage, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments Article
- Facts about cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- Introduction to cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- What are the differences between allergy, cold, and flu symptoms?
- What are the different types of medications for headaches, body aches, fever, and flu-like symptoms?
- Nasal congestion, sneezing, and runny nose
- Sore throat and other symptoms
- What about vitamin C and zinc?
- What are some important considerations for the safe use of OTC products?
In This Article
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough Article
- What causes coughing?
- 19 natrual and home remedies to cure and soothe a cough
- What over-the-counter (OTC) products cure or soothe a cough?
- What prescription drugs cure a cough?
- How can I get rid of a nighttime cough?
- What kind of a doctor treats a cough?
- When should I see a doctor about a cough?
What Is Mucus?
Mucus is a normal substance produced by lining tissues in the body. Excess mucus or mucus that is yellow, green, brown, or bloody...learn more »