guaifenesin with codeine-oral Index
Guaifenesin and codeine phosphate is a drug prescribed for the treatment of cough caused by conditions such as the flu, cold, bronchitis, or sinusitis. Side effects, drug interactions, and dosage information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication. There are no generic or brand names available for this drug. Previous brand names include Cheratussin AC, Codar GF, Dex-Tuss, Guaiatussin AC, Iophen C-NR, M-Clear WC, Mar-Cof CG, Virtussin A/C, Tussi-Organidin NR, and Mytussin AC.
What happens within the body when a person develops bronchitis? Take this quick quiz to learn the causes, symptoms, treatments,...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
Chronic bronchitis is a cough that occurs daily with production of sputum that lasts for at least three months, two years in a...learn more »
In This Article
Chronic Bronchitis Article
- Bronchitis vs. chronic bronchitis definition and facts
- What is bronchitis?
- What is acute bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
- What is chronic bronchitis?
- What are the causes of chronic bronchitis?
- What are the risk factors for chronic bronchitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of chronic bronchitis?
- When should an person seek medical care for chronic bronchitis?
- How is chronic bronchitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for chronic bronchitis?
- What drugs treat chronic bronchitis exacerbations?
- What are the complications of chronic bronchitis?
- Can chronic bronchitis be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for chronic bronchitis?