- What brand names are available for guaifenesin?
- Is guaifenesin available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for guaifenesin?
- What are the uses for guaifenesin?
- What are the side effects of guaifenesin?
- What is the dosage for guaifenesin?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with guaifenesin?
- Is guaifenesin safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about guaifenesin?
What is the dosage for guaifenesin?
Guaifenesin may be taken with or without food. The tablets should be taken whole and should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. The recommended dose is 600-1200 every 12h hours up to a maximum of 2.4 g per day. Patients should consult a health care professional if symptoms last more than 7 days.
Which drugs or supplements interact with guaifenesin?
There are no known drug interactions with guaifenesin.
Quick GuideHow to Prevent the Common Cold
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.