- What brand names are available for guaifenesin?
- Is guaifenesin available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for guaifenesin?
- What are the uses for guaifenesin?
- What are the side effects of guaifenesin?
- What is the dosage for guaifenesin?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with guaifenesin?
- Is guaifenesin safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about guaifenesin?
What brand names are available for guaifenesin?
Diabetic Tussin, Geri-Tussin, Robitussin, Fenesin IR, Mucinex, Mucosa, Mucus Relief, Mucus ER
Is guaifenesin available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for guaifenesin?
What are the uses for guaifenesin?
Guaifenesin is used for the treatment of cough associated with colds and minor upper respiratory tract infections in individuals 12 years and older.
What are the side effects of guaifenesin?
Side effects of guaifenesin are uncommon, but can include:
Quick GuideHow to Prevent the Common Cold
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.