Patient Comments: Group B Strep - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with group B strep.

Comment from: kasmom09, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I did not know anything about this until I was close to giving birth to my daughter who's now almost 4 yrs old. I had a fever and so did she. I am glad they tested me for it because had they not, she wouldn't be here today. They gave me I.V. antibiotics the whole time I was in labor. She still ended up in isolation overnight. I didn't get to even touch her until the docs okay'd her. I don't think there is any long term effects on her. Her speech is a little behind but I have her in a class for that. I'm almost too scared to have another baby because with each child the risk goes up that something much worse will happen. I want to have another child. I'm just not sure if I will again or not.

Comment from: vanhuman, 55-64 Female Published: May 04

What is the percentage of a baby with strep b meningitis of coming out normal? My great nephew is in the hospital with strep b meningitis. He is 1 month old. His mother had strep b when he was delivered but the baby was never checked or treated. The mother was later treated with antibiotics. I hope and pray that the baby comes out of the coma normal.

Group B Strep - Treatments Question: What was the most effective treatment for your group B strep?
Group B Strep - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your group B strep infection?