Patient Comments: Group B Strep - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your group B strep infection?

Comment from: PHahn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I started experiencing chronic UTIs about 12 months ago. My symptoms are usually hives or a rash that starts around my ankles and moves up toward my inner thighs, stomach, and chest area. My doctor referred to me to a urologist and I had a cystoscopy done in Sept 2012 and had my urethra widened during that procedure. I had no problems since then until this week – when the rash and hives started back up. My regular doctor tested my urine and it came back positive for group B strep. I am 32 years old, never have been pregnant, and have an IUD currently in place.

Comment from: Minnie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

My vaginal area burns. I've been dealing with recurrent UTIs and painful contractions in my bladder area since July of 2012. Then I was diagnosed with and treated for Lyme disease in the fall of 2012. It seemed to relieve the symptoms, but they have been back and disrupting my life since December. The doctor ran a culture yesterday. With my history, I'm sure it will be Group B strep again. I'm wondering why I keep getting this and the UTIs. They are ruining my life.

Group B Strep - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with group B strep.
Group B Strep - Treatments Question: What was the most effective treatment for your group B strep?