Patient Comments: Gout - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your gout?

Comment from: Steve, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I have had two bouts with the gout and now know the pain associated. I had blood work done with a 9 reading for uric acid. My doctor said that wasn't real high but I still got a second bout. I found that on the first case that cherries and the juice helped with treating it. Also I went on a diet not excluding the alcohol and a second bout accrued. I am now going to try the B -12s with extra B-6 and PABA. Hope this keeps me from starting medication. I am cutting the alcohol too!

Comment from: Allan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

I suffered with gout from around 35 to 65 years old. I took many courses of action, including almost all of the drugs mentioned here. The pain was so bad one day I tried something I had read about but didn't quite believe: a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water gradually reducing over a one-week period. From the first day, the pain went and after five years has not returned.

Comment from: gramma, 65-74 Female Published: December 06

I first experienced about three years ago; it was so painful and unbearable that I couldn't even touch it. The home remedy I used was potato peelings, and it worked for me. I peeled the potato into the widest strip I could and placed it directly where the pain was. I wrapped gauze to keep them in place. The next morning I woke up with no gout! Remembering that this was a home remedy, I was quite skeptical about it. Now I have changed my opinion. Thanks for letting me share.

Gout - Symptoms Question: What gout symptoms and signs have you experienced?
Gout - Diet Question: Please share your experience with diet and nutrition.
Gout - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gout.