In this Article
sexual desire (libido), changes in body potassium levels, and digestive tract problems. High doses of gossypol (100 times the dose used for contraception) can cause changes in hair color, malnutrition, blood circulation problems, heart failure, and other problems.
There isn't enough information to know whether gossypol is safe to use directly on the skin. It can cause a burning sensation.
Do not use gossypol if:
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions