goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis)-oral Index
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...learn more »
In This Article
Flu (Influenza) Article
- Flu (influenza, conventional, H1N1, H3N2, and bird flu [H5N1]) facts
- What is flu (influenza)?
- Flu vs. cold
- Flu vs. food poisoning
- What are the causes of the flu (influenza)?
- When does flu season begin and end?
- What are flu (influenza) symptoms in adults and in children?
- Does a child's first flu infection help to determine the patient's lifelong risk to other viruses?
- What is the incubation period for the flu?
- How long is the flu contagious, and how long does the flu last?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose the flu (influenza)?
- How does flu spread?
- What is the key to flu (influenza) prevention?
- Are there any flu shot or nasal spray vaccine side effects in adults or in children?
- How effective is the flu vaccine?
- Why should the flu (influenza) vaccine be taken every year?
- What are some flu treatments an individual can do at home (home
- What types of doctors treat the flu?
- What medications treat the flu?
- What can people eat when they have the flu?
- When should a person go to the emergency department for the flu?
- Who should receive the flu vaccine, and who has the highest risk factors? When should someone get the flu shot?
- What is the prognosis for patients who get the flu? What are possible complications of the flu?
- Can the flu be deadly?
- What is the bird (avian) flu?
- Do antiviral agents protect people from the flu?
- Is it safe to get a flu shot that contains thimerosal?
- Where can people find additional information about the flu?
In This Article
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach) Article
- Indigestion definition (dyspepsia) and facts
- What is indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the signs and symptoms of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Is burping (belching) a symptom of indigestion?
- How long does indigestion (dyspepsia) last?
- What causes indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- How is indigestion (dyspepsia) diagnosed?
- What natural or home remedies are used to treat dyspepsia (indigestion)?
- What treatments relieve and cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Diet and indigestion
- Pro-motility medication for indigestion
- Antidepressants for indigestion
- Psychological treatments for indigestion
- Smooth muscle relaxants for indigestion
- Which specialties of doctors treat indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the complications of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What can a person expect during the diagnosis and treatment of indigestion (prognosis)?
- What other diseases or conditions mimic indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What research is ongoing for treatments to cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?