glycerin suppository-rectal Index
glycerin (Fleet Suppository, Pedia-Lax Suppository, Colace Suppository) is an over-the-counter product used to relieve occasional constipation. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and storage should be reviewed prior to using this medication.
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »
In This Article
Laxatives for Constipation Article
- Laxatives for constipation facts
- What is constipation?
- What are the causes of constipation?
- When should a doctor be consulted for constipation?
- What natural remedies can a person take for constipation?
- What over-the-counter preparations can be used for constipation?
- Bulk-forming laxatives
- Stool softeners (emollient laxatives)
- Lubricant laxatives
- Stimulant laxatives
- Saline laxatives and osmotic laxatives
- Enemas and suppositories
- How is constipation treated in infants and
- How is constipation treated