Patient Comments: Glaucoma - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your glaucoma?

Comment from: peter, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 15

I have tried 3 different drops. The first had no effect; the next two brought down my pressure but made me so depressed that life was hardly worth living. I have been treated for depression for years, and it was pretty well controlled until I started the drops. I'm hoping to convince the doctor to try laser treatment or surgery.

Comment from: Blurred Vision, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I am 60 years old, and I have had frequent yearly visits to my optometrist for the past 20 years. I was never told that my eyes were in any danger of glaucoma or cataracts. I wore simple reading glasses. Recently, I had an eye infection that caused some trauma to one eye. I discovered and was diagnosed with a small cataract and glaucoma. According to my doctor's diagnosis, the glaucoma had been there for four years. I couldn't understand why I wasn't warned by the optometrist of this clear and present danger.

Glaucoma - Risk Factors Question: Did you or a relative have any of the risk factors for glaucoma when diagnosed? If so, what were they?
Glaucoma - Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with glaucoma in you, a friend, or relative.
Glaucoma - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Surgery Experience Question: Please share your experience with surgery for glaucoma. Was this for you or a relative?