Patient Comments: Glaucoma - Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms associated with glaucoma in you, a friend, or relative.

Comment from: chloechamp2626769334, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

About the last 8 months I have had burning and drainage of my eyes from the outer corners and my eyes changed from blue to green.

Comment from: Aitch D, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

When I was diagnosed with a acute attack I had severe pain in my eye and around it. It felt like someone had taken out my eye ball twisted it and put it back in. i eventually had no vision in left eye. I just wanted to untwist it. However leading up to this event I had been (on and off) been having pain behind my eyes and blurred vision. It usually happened at night and was inconsistent as I could not find any triggers for it. i had informed my optician but then they just made me do a field vision test. I am awaiting copies of my notes because I want to know what the pressures were. When I was diagnosed the IOP were 53 and 22.

Glaucoma - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Risk Factors Question: Did you or a relative have any of the risk factors for glaucoma when diagnosed? If so, what were they?
Glaucoma - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Surgery Experience Question: Please share your experience with surgery for glaucoma. Was this for you or a relative?