PREPARATIONS: Solution for injection: 20 mg/ml, 40 mg/ml in a single dose, prefilled syringe.
- Drug interactions between glatiramer and other drugs have not been evaluated.
- Available information does not suggest that glatiramer significantly interacts with other MS drugs. However, use of glatiramer with other drugs that also suppress the immune system may increase the risk of serious infection.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING SAFETY:
- Glatiramer has not been adequately studied in pregnant women.
- It is not known if glatiramer acetate is excreted in human milk.
- Glatiramer should be stored refrigerated at 2 C to 8 C (36 F to 46 F).
- It also may be stored at room temperature, 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F) for one month if needed.
- Frozen syringes should be discarded.
Quick GuideMultiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms and Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.