What other names is Ginseng, Panax known by?
, Asiatic Ginseng, Chinese Ginseng, Chinese Red Ginseng, Ginseng, Ginseng Asiatique, Ginseng Blanc, Ginseng Blanc de Corée, Ginseng Chinois, Ginseng Coréen, Ginseng Coréen Rouge, Ginseng de Corée, Ginseng Japonais, Ginseng Oriental, Ginseng Panax, Ginseng Radix Alba, Ginseng Root, Ginseng Rouge, Ginseng Sino-coréen, Ginseng Tibétain, Guigai, Hong Shen, Japanese Ginseng, Jen-Shen, Jinsao, Jintsam, Insam, Korean Ginseng, Korean Ginseng Root, Korean Panax, Korean Panax Ginseng, Korean Red Ginseng, Korean White Ginseng, Mandragore de Chine, Ninjin, Ninzin, Oriental Ginseng, Panax Coréen, Panax Ginseng Blanc, Panax schinseng, Racine de Vie, Radix Ginseng Rubra, Red Chinese Ginseng, Red Ginseng, Red Kirin Ginseng, Red Korean Ginseng, Red Panax Ginseng, Ren Shen, Renshen, Renxian, Sang, Seng, Sheng Shai Shen, Tibetan Ginseng, White Ginseng, White Panax Ginseng.
What is Ginseng, Panax?
Panax ginseng is a plant. People use the root to make medicine. Do not confuse Panax ginseng with American Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, or Panax Pseudoginseng.
Possibly Effective for...
- Thinking and memory.
- Male impotence (erectile dysfunction).
- Premature ejaculation when a cream containing ginseng and other ingredients is applied directly to the skin of the penis.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Improving athletic performance.
- Improving mood and sense of well-being.
- Hot flashes associated with menopause.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Depression, anemia, fluid retention, stomach inflammation and other digestive problems, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer, skin cancer, fever, bronchitis, cancer, common cold, influenza, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).