GENERIC NAME: Ginkgo biloba
BRAND NAME: Fossil Tree, Kew Tree, Silver Apricot
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Ginkgo biloba is used for
- memory improvement,
- Alzheimer's disease,
- multiple sclerosis,
- tinnitus (ringing in the ears),
- sexual dysfunction,
- premenstrual syndrome,
- diabetic eye problems, and
Side effects of gingko biloba are
- abdominal discomfort,
- restlessness, and
Possible serious side effects of gingko biloba include:
- bleeding in the eye or brain,
- severe bleeding after surgery,
- severe allergic reactions,
- difficulty breathing,
- seizures (eating fresh gingko seeds), and
- death (eating fresh gingko seeds).
Quick GuideDementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.