Patient Comments: Genital Herpes - Treatment

What kind of treatment are you using for genital herpes?

Comment from: rena, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I am a four year breast cancer survivor. Four years ago when I began chemotherapy, I had a breakout of genital herpes. Now it has been on a monthly basis for four years. I use no medications, my immune system is not low. My white blood cells are good. I just use plain water and wear white cotton undies. I just have gotten very tired of having this on a monthly basis. I eat good, fresh fruit and vegetables.

Comment from: Hadenuf, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

After 17 years of no outbreaks of genital herpes, I am having one now. I have been under severe stress for the past 3 years and it is ongoing, so I attribute it to that. After a week of symptoms, I finally asked for a prescription to help. I wish I had done it sooner.

Genital Herpes - Symptoms Question: What symptoms of genital herpes did you have with your first outbreak?
Genital Herpes - Pregnancy Question: How did you manage your genital herpes during pregnancy?