Patient Comments: Genital Herpes In Women - Treatments

What effective treatments have you found for your genital herpes?

Comment from: AGM, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

Well let's see I am 31years old I got the Herpes Virus very Young at the age of 16 years old by someone who knew they were infected. I will not say it has been an easy road I shared my secret even before a kiss. I Know when my body is having an outbreak or going to have an outbreak I will never do to someone what was done to me. I have been with same man now 9 years he has never got the virus we have 2 beautiful children who I had C-section because I did not want a chance of passing this illness to them. I take a anti toxin and some supplements that help as well every day to flush out my system and try to stay any from stress the preventive MEDs don't work For me not saying they won't or don't or will not work for someone else just I have found a everyday more natural thing works for me. Please stay strong believe In yourself and your relationship but most of all stay honest and true this happened to me almost 16 years ago and it still affects me today.

Comment from: punkin, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I contracted herpes simplex 2 when I was 16 from the first boy I ever had sex with. I am now 22. I very seldom have outbreaks, but when I do, I have found that drinking plenty of water and getting rest helps a lot. Also, this may sound a little bit crazy but putting athlete's foot cream on the lesions really helps with the pain.

Comment from: Horrified, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I found out today that I have genital herpes. I had to tell my boyfriend/fiancé of nine years that I have it. He is the only person that I have been with in the past nine years, so this is totally bewildering to me. According to my physician, she says that I must have contracted the virus years ago because to this day I have not had an outbreak, only very mild "itching," which I thought was normal, but as it happens, it is not. I am horrified, scared, and embarrassed. This may not be the end of the world as I know it, but it sure changes the way I look at things!

Comment from: HurtButHopeful, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

I am 31 years old, pregnant and was just diagnosed with genital herpes. Although I'm hurt to find this out at my age, I wanted to find the best possible treatment and ways to help cope with this disease. I have found that, although a little painful at first, using an alcohol pad to help keep the affected area clean and germ free also helps to dry the blisters a little faster. I also sleep without undergarments on; the air also helps the affected area dry to heal quicker. Also, nutrition and rest are important to manage this illness. It can be annoyng, but it's not the end of the world. Hope this might help you as well.

Comment from: Victorious, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

Applying aloe vera gel on the sores tends to help speed the healing process and minimize the pain tremendously.

Comment from: bexter, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I'm 22 and have had hsv2 for about a year now. The first outbreak was the worst and included strep throat, swollen throat glands, fever, aching and itching. It is really miserable and makes me feel ashamed about myself. I have been dealing with outbreaks quite frequently although I've read that generally they will be less over time. My doctor told me there wasn't that much I can do about it. I don't understand why they haven't made an effective vaccination for this as I also have friends with the virus that really struggle. I hope that someday I will be strong enough to be sexually active again and have a partner who accepts me but so far I haven't even bothered.

Comment from: KeeKee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

Its almost been a week since I found out that have the HSV 2. When I found out I immediately told my boyfriend who was nervous yet supportive. He has yet to be tested and we have not had sex in a while. I believe that it will be weird when we do or if we do again. I will take things one day at a time. I used Blistex at the first outbreak. I didnt really have any other issues except the emotional stress of knowing this and how it will effect my life.

Genital Herpes - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment are you using for genital herpes?
Genital Herpes - Symptoms Question: What symptoms of genital herpes did you have with your first outbreak?
Genital Herpes - Pregnancy Question: How did you manage your genital herpes during pregnancy?