Patient Comments: Gastroparesis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with gastroparesis.

Comment from: stomach801, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

My Doctor did the gastric emptying study last week and told me that I have Gastroparesis. However, the only symptom that fits with the diagnosis is occasional nausea and sometimes dry heaving which is also associated with diarrhea and stomach pain. This usually happens in the morning before I have eaten anything, so my stomach would have had no food for 10-12 hours. Rarely do I vomit with the condition, usually just dry heave. I am concerned its not really an accurate diagnosis. When I do vomit it is always followed by diarrhea usually at the same time. The few times I have actually vomited food, is in the late afternoon/evening and I will vomit what I had eaten earlier in the day, but then the diarrhea is also there. Afterwards, I am very tired and I feel like I have been punched in the gut.

Gastroparesis - Diagnosis Question: How was your gastroparesis diagnosed?
Gastroparesis - Possible Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your gastroparesis?
Gastroparesis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your gastroparesis?
Gastroparesis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including diet and medication, have you tried for gastroparesis?