Patient Comments: Gastroparesis - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, including diet and medication, have you tried for gastroparesis?

Comment from: Hys099, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I was diagnosed with gastroparesis three years ago. I've been a diabetic for 17 years, so now I'm on a very strict diet; like no sugar, low fiber, low residue, low carb, low fat, and cutting other foods. I'm nauseous all day long and I'm in pain. I take anti-nausea pills and pain killers with a few other medications to help my stomach. It is very hard to control or predict.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I take ranitidine and a lactose inhibitor to control some of the problems.

Comment from: WhoKnew?, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I was just diagnosed with gastroparesis. I'm currently on Dexilant in the morning, Carafate twice daily, and Zantac at night. I also eat tiny meals and drink lots of nutritional drinks.

Gastroparesis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gastroparesis.
Gastroparesis - Diagnosis Question: How was your gastroparesis diagnosed?
Gastroparesis - Possible Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your gastroparesis?
Gastroparesis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your gastroparesis?